101 in 1001 days

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Friday, May 14, 2010

#3 Better than I could have expected

When I first started this list of "goals" - I combined a list of some of my dreams, wishes and needs as well. I do not cross things off this list intending to never look back, I cross them off with the full intent of bettering myself because of it, and helping myself grow.

When I wrote down goal #3, it was because it was one of those things I could have done years ago, but I was too chicken. I was also impatiently waiting for someone else to do something to make it easier for me. I suppose that something finally happened, but whatever the reason, it still took me a heck load of gumption as well as a "what do I have to lose? -- wait, don't answer that" mentality.

I wrote to my half brother. Or sent him an online message, I should say. Within 48 hours I'd heard back. It was just like that. My goal is crossed off the list - but not the goal of forming a relationship. That is something that will take time, work, and persistence on both parts. I'm just so glad I finally took that first step.
My life is different now - in a wonderful way.

1 comment:

  1. I ran across your blog and decided to follow you. I look forward to reading more of your accomplishments.

    ReplyDelete