101 in 1001 days

The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.

The Criteria:
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part).

Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

First Year Review

My first year has come and gone, and here's what I've been able to cross off my list:

Read many new books (didn't list them all!)
Took out over 20 bags of stuff to give away or just throw away
Got rid of our troublesome dog
Took 2 couples only trips
Set up a homework/computer station for the kids
Mounted our TV to the wall, and replaced our huge wall unit with a big screen TV instead.
Bought and shared the Fireproof movie
Got an annual exam
Plotted a garden by the end of February
Attended 2 Girlfriend Getaways... Women's Retreat and Women of Faith. Next retreat comes in a month!
Walked my dog more and rode my recumbent bike more often
Sold my car
Organized my closet
Took my kids to the snow 3 times
Took a trip to Idaho
Had many date nights and lunch dates with my husband
Wrote a tribute to one of my four children
Completed 3 of 10 guitar lessons
Set aside more cash in an emergency fund
Got a pedicure
Sat WITH my kids to watch a movie or TV show each week
Reorganized my corner of the shop
Participated in another small group series
Planted 50 square feet of flowers in my garden
Planted 4 new fruit trees
Got a band together to play for a week of Youth Camp
Wrote a Year in Review - once
Sent 2 different families away on vacation using our timeshare
Made seven new blog layouts
Tried out a new restaurant
Found a church closer to home
Took a lot of multi-vitamins
Found a weight loss solution that will work for me. This just means I need to stick to it!

I hadn't realized how many of the items on my list were completed, or in progress until today. I feel accomplished, and excited to see what I'll get done this next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment